2017 was a great year for Newbridge Advisors and our clients. Despite continued uncertainty around the outcome of Brexit negotiations, we saw strong interest from investors in infrastructure finance in the UK. We have seen major growth in housing and regeneration projects and were pleased to see increased commitment from the Government and Mayor of London towards tackling the housing crisis.
Outside of the UK, Newbridge advised on projects in Sweden, Norway, Portugal and the United States.
Our strong deal flow and commitment to closing projects led to Newbridge Advisors being ranked #2 Financial Advisor for UK PPP and #3 for European Social Infrastructure for the first half of 2017 by Inframation News.
The team at Newbridge grew during 2017 as Adam Hylan, Senior Infrastructure M&A Partner joined the company bringing considerable international experience. Adam builds on the existing Newbridge M&A business, adding important specialist experience that will support growth in 2018 and beyond.
Below is a summary of our key highlights from 2017:
- Advised on Sussex Student Accommodation – £197m wrapped bond issue. Largest wrapped bond in the UK new build student accommodation market. Closed March 2017
- Advised Lambeth Council on establishing a new housing company. Homes for Lambeth is now up and running with first planning applications submitted and construction to begin in 2018
- Advised on Salford BSF Phase 1 refinancing – £55m facilities with lower margins and Unitary Charge savings for the Council
- Advised clients on their bids for student accommodation projects in Durham, Brighton and ongoing advisory for Kingston University
- Advised a client on their successful disposal of 2 PPP assets
- Ongoing advisory with the Homes and Communities Agency to model and analyse estate regeneration loan finance to a major London Housing Association to deliver over 750 homes
- Advised Jong Laing Infrastructure Fund on the successful acquisitions of a further 9% stake in the Intercity Express Programme
- Developed an operating model for a large PPP hospital which has reached construction completion
- Ongoing work with the Old Oak Common and Park Royal Development Corporation to implement the Business Plan to deliver 24,000 new homes in the UK’s largest regeneration area
- Developed a financial model for London & Continental Railways to assess investment opportunities in their commercial land portfolio
- Advised Royal Borough of Kensington & Chelsea on procuring joint venture partners for estate regeneration projects to deliver c. 670 homes
- Ongoing advice to finance the development of 1,500 new homes at London’s Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park
We look forward to working with you in 2018!